- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course will focus on the fundamentals of cancer genetics and genomics. Main topics include the genes and pathways that are mutated in various cancer types, mechanisms leading to cancer mutations and cancer development, current genetic and genomic methods used to study and to diagnose cancer, and how genetics and genomics are informing cancer treatment.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 2800.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
- Explain the basic pathways and genes that lead to the development of cancer.
- Describe the various factors and complexity of genetic mutations in cancer.
- Be able to interpret genomic data and graphs relating to cancer mutations and cancer biology.
- Be able to read, understand, critically evaluate and summarize primary literature in cancer genetics and genomics.
- Articulate a research plan based on cancer genetics and genomics techniques and knowledge.
Or send this URL: