- Schedule of Classes - February 25, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 25, 2020 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Provides a foundation in the principles of dairy cattle nutrition and dairy ration formulation with emphasis on application of feeding programs on dairy farms. Laboratory emphasizes hands-on evaluation of feeds, use of ration formulation software for ration evaluation and formulation, and case study analysis of dairy farms.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ANSC 2500 or permission of instructor. ANSC 2120 is recommended
- Students will develop critical thinking skills in dairy cattle nutrition and its application on dairy farms.
- Students will learn how to use ration evaluation and formulation software.
- Students will gain experience working in groups as part of case study farm analyses and a group project.
- Students will learn how to integrate dairy cattle nutrition programs into other aspects of dairy herd management.
- Students will develop verbal communication skills as part of group presentations.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one laboratory.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRMorrison Hall 164
Prerequsite: ANSC 2500 or permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: