- Schedule of Classes - February 21, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 21, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course is designed to give students an overview of and introduction to basic behavior of domestic mammalian species. There is no requirement for previous experience with animal behavior. Students who may already have experience with some species will benefit from learning about the behavior of other species and build on their previous knowledge. This is NOT an animal training course.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Summarize and compare categories of behavior (e.g. maternal behavior) between species.
- Recognize and define "problem behaviors" and suggest potential causes and solutions for the behavior.
- Apply the general concepts of mammalian behavior to evaluate the welfare of animals in various scenarios.
- Critically evaluate peer-reviewed scientific articles by effectively reading, understanding, and analyzing the authors' findings and conclusions.
Or send this URL: