- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The course will assist graduate students prepare for a faculty position in higher education. Course assignments and activities cover effective teaching and professional development. Students will complete an electronic portfolio in preparation for employment. The course covers faculty roles and responsibilities, educational philosophies, learning theories, instructional methods, course design and assessment among others.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Distinguish between the purpose, context and culture of different higher education institutions.
- Articulate an academic professional identity through a CV, vision statement, and research statement.
- Construct and articulate a statement of teaching philosophy as a future faculty member in higher education.
- Analyze and explain theories of learning and instructional design that enhance teaching and student learning in higher education settings.
- Design a course syllabus and communicate a rationale for the selection of materials, sequencing of course content, design of activities and methods of assessment.
- Describe and explain how to incorporate technologies into a specific course design to enhance teaching and learning in higher education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of criteria for assessing the quality of learning and teaching in higher education by creating a rubric.
- Communicate concepts and ideas related to excellence in teaching and learning in higher education through discussion (online/F2F), peer feedback and other presentation formats.
- Demonstrate evidence of reflective practice and learning through peer feedback, F2F-Online communication and the development of a web-based portfolio.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- WKennedy Hall 101
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Disabled for this roster.