- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course will provide CALS professional master's students with career readiness, an integral part of achieving success upon degree completion. Career readiness can be defined as the attainment and demonstration of competencies that broadly prepare graduates for a successful career transition. This course will be taught with the Engaged Learning framework, which will give students the opportunity to integrate professional development skills into career and life experiences.
When Offered Fall, Spring (weeks 1-7).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: CALS professional master's students. Other graduate students may register with permission of instructor.
- Construct a job search plan adapted to their career timeline.
- Prepare a customized and professional resume, cover letter and linkedin profile, using interests and strengths identified through self-assessment.
- Explore career resources available at Cornell University.
- Articulate their career goals through effective oral and written communication.
- Identify networking opportunities with faculty, alumni, fellow students and potential employers; and demonstrate interviewing skills.
- Recognize the importance of teamwork and leadership skills.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner, demonstrating integrity, responsibility and self-awareness.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- RKennedy Hall 213
- Jan 21 - Mar 10, 2020
Open to CALS MPS students. Non-CALS MPS graduate students may register with permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: