- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
In this community engaged course, Cornell in Washington program participants will explore and deepen their understanding of their experiences living and working in D.C. The course will ground students' knowledge in critical social theory, place-based learning theory, and explorations of contemporary issues facing D.C. Students will also learn critical reflection techniques to further develop their knowledge and experiences while in the program. The course will consist of weekly class meetings, discussions, guest speakers, and field engagement activities.
When Offered Fall, Spring, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students enrolled in the Cornell in Washington program.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Describe and explain the core principles of critical social theory, place-based learning theory, and reflective practice.
- Engage in integrative and peer learning across disciplines and experiences.
- Critically reflect on their experiences and knowledge.
- Reflect on and describe the complexity and diversity of the D.C. community, Cornell in Washington community and their place in it.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- RWashington, DC
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Taught in Washington, DC.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: