- Schedule of Classes - February 20, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 20, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course is designed to equip CALS Global Fellows with the tools and knowledge to be prepared, effective, and cross-culturally competent during their summer internship placement abroad (and beyond). The course will encourage students to critically reflect on the objectives of an international experience and how it can influence academic and personal development. We will explore the invisible boundaries of working in global business and NGO settings and examine cultural intelligence and cross-cultural dynamics, encouraging students to develop as future leaders in a variety of environments.
When Offered Multi-semester course, Spring (weeks 8-14, first half of year-long course).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students accepted into the CALS Global Fellows Program.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
Comments Students must enroll in both ALS 2300 and ALS 2301 to receive a final grade.Outcomes
- Students will be able to explain and examine host organization, internship position, and region/country.
- Students will be able to locate and employ resources that address individual health and safety abroad.
- Students will be able to discuss and apply selected strategies and tools that address a variety of challenges of entering and working in an international setting.
- 4: Students will be able to define and describe professional, personal, and intercultural learning objectives, and identify the avenues to meet these.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- WKennedy Hall 213
- Mar 11 - May 5, 2020
Multi-semester course. Students must enroll in both ALS 2300 and ALS 2301 to receive a final grade. Students must be accepted into the CALS Global Fellows Program to participate. Application can be found here: https://cals.cornell.edu/academics/international/programs/global-fellows-program/apply.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: