- Schedule of Classes - February 16, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 16, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Course will provide opportunities for students to identify and develop the professional skills employers and graduate and professional schools seek in college graduates. Students will engage in self-assessment to determine their current level of competency in key professional skills such as self-awareness/personal impact, critical thinking, teamwork, information management, and relationship building. Through interactive activities, assignments, and a group project students will hone some of the professional skills during the course and learn how to create a strategy for continued growth opportunities and personal development.
When Offered Spring (weeks 8-14).Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify and describe the key professional skills employers and graduate schools look for in college graduates.
- Use assessments to recognize and develop natural strengths while at Cornell and in future career.
- Students will discover their current level of competency around 8 professional skill clusters through the administration of the CALS Professional Skills Self-Assessment.
- Student awareness of the resources available to enable self-direct efforts in professional skill development while at Cornell.
- Students will create a personal learning plan to facilitate on-going personal development.
- Students will be able to define emotional intelligence and recognize the role it plays in one's career.
- Student will learn about, engage in discussion, and demonstrate the professional skills needed by employers and graduate schools through assignments, case studies, and lectures.
- Students will ascertain the benefit of reflection to promote continuous learning through the use of regular journaling assignments throughout the course.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MKennedy Hall 213
- Mar 11 - May 5, 2020
This class is targeted to freshman, sophomore and junior level students and is open to CALS students only. For enrollment information please email Jennifer DeRosa at email@example.com.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: