- Schedule of Classes - February 25, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 25, 2020 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Designed especially for new students, this course aids in transition to CALS and Cornell to improve academic success. Information and skills leading to increased engagement, help seeking behavior, support networks, teamwork, healthy living, resilience and strengths awareness will be emphasized. Through interactive activities, assignments, and a group project students will gain an awareness of academic and career resources to increase their self-awareness and the intersection to the world of work.
When Offered Fall, Spring (weeks 1-7).Outcomes
- Students will create calendars as time management tools incorporating the Work Day principles.
- Students will complete StrengthsQuest assessment to recognize and develop natural strengths while at Cornell and in future career.
- Students will learn about mentoring by completing an informational interview with a faculty member.
- Students will create a personal support network while reflecting on dealing with adversity, growth mindset and values, and learning of campus resources.
- Students will engage in activities and assignments and demonstrate how to ask questions, effective team participation, and respecting diversity.
- Students will demonstrate principles of healthy living.
- Students will utilize reflection to promote continuous learning through the use of regular journaling assignments throughout the course.
Or send this URL: