- Schedule of Classes - February 26, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 26, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course introduces students to a design toolkit and mindset for creative problem solving that enables a shift from a 20th century, market-based perspective to a more sustainable, human-centered approach appropriate to this century's systemic challenges. Topics covered include: opportunity finding and innovation; the design thinking cycle of inspiration-interpretation-ideation-implementation; and visual communication. Students will learn to apply design strategies to their work to make it more integrated and collaborative. This course will require openness to new ways of (divergent) thinking.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate or professional students.
- Develop an empathic mindset.
- Implement qualitative and ethnographic design research techniques.
- Synthesize and communicate data and concepts through introduction to visualization and storytelling methods.
- Generate, test, and refine ideas, products, business models, etc., to become familiar with the iterative process.
- Explain how design strategies can augment and complement analytic and quantitative decision making.
Or send this URL: