- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
In a rapidly changing business environment where product life cycles are shortening and competition is intensifying, creating new products has become the most significant and most risky activity within a firm. This course aims to develop an understanding of the "state of the art" strategies, processes and methods used in developing new products. This course focuses on key new product issues including generation and assessment of ideas, value creation in competitive markets, the impact of disruptive technologies on mainstream industries, and the diffusion of innovative new products and services. This is a case based course, where students participate in a dynamic and interactive group environment to develop the capacity to use the information learned to make informed new product decisions.
When Offered Spring (weeks 1-7).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2420.
- Students will be able to integrate the customer and knowledge of the customer into this process.
- Students will be able to apply concepts and tools appropriate for new product development analysis.
- Students will develop effective recommendations and action plans for companies facing difficult decisions about bringing new products to market.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWWarren Hall 173
- Mar 11 - May 5, 2020
Prerequisite: AEM 2420.
Or send this URL: