- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course takes an analytics based approach to managerial decision making within a spreadsheet platform. Through case analysis, emphasis will be placed on the exploration and application of Microsoft Excel to enhance decision making and improve outcomes. This data-driven course will require students to leverage complex functionality available in the Excel platform. Key mechanics employed will be: advanced methods of data management, data visualization, financial modeling, forecasting, optimization, pivot tables, and simulation. Key topics covered could be, but are not limited to areas such as employee productivity, succession planning, organizational safety, employee satisfaction, team dynamics, leadership, Just-in-Time inventory, recruitment and selection, training and engagement.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2010 and AEM 3030.
- Critically analyze cases in the management and organizational behavior disciplines
- Evaluate problems on a case basis to determine proper methods of analysis using spreadsheet modeling.
- Design models with which to investigate and solve business problems.
- Interpret and apply analysis results to decision making using logic and industry knowledge.
- Explore a breadth of business problems faced by management considering both quantitative and qualitative inputs in decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently conceptualize and design spreadsheet models.
- Collaboratively explore and make complex decisions involving multiple variables and contingencies.
- Explain ethical implications to decisions making.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- WMann Library B30A
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisites: AEM 2010 and AEM 3030.
Or send this URL: