- Schedule of Classes - February 16, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 16, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
An evaluation of the fundamental principles, structure, finance, management and governance associated with the cooperative business model, with a focus on agricultural cooperatives. Analyses of the cooperative business organization within the modern economy are emphasized through a mix of lectures, guest speakers, case study discussions and, and experiential learning projects with cooperative businesses.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 1200 or AEM 2200 or ILRID 1700, or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Identify economic justifications for the cooperative as a business entity.
- Illustrate unique characteristics surrounding the governance, finance, and management of cooperative businesses.
- Analyze contemporary issues facing modern cooperatives with an emphasis on challenges and opportunities facing cooperatives that compete with investor-owned firms.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWarren Hall B50
Prerequisite: one of the following courses: AEM 1200, AEM 2200, HADM 1810, ILRID 1700, or permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: