- Schedule of Classes - February 16, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 16, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course is an introduction to programming with Python for students aiming to enter the world of business analytics. Using business applied cases students will increase decision making efficiency and productivity through a detailed understanding of Python programming languages. Students will also learn how to use a range of Python libraries for data analytics such as NumPy, MatPlotLib, Seaborn, Pandas, and Scikit.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Dyson students.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will not receive credit for both AEM 2840 and CS 1110.
- Program Python, a strong and popular open source programming language.
- Develop algorithmic thinking.
- Utilize and understand Basic Data Structures.
- Utilize and understand Conditional Branching and Looping.
- Create functions in Python.
- Utilize Python libraries that can be used for business analytics.
- Develop skills in building models to solve real-world business problems.
- Produce a Python solution for a business application.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRMann Library B30A
Enrollment preference given to Dyson students in the Business Analytics concentration. Non-Dyson students should place themselves on the waitlist.
Or send this URL: