- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Exploration of engineering design frameworks that effectively exploit simulation, optimization, and uncertainty assessments when balancing large numbers of conflicting performance objectives. Students will learn and advance software frameworks that combine evolutionary multiobjective optimization, high performance computing, uncertainty modeling techniques, and visual design analytics. The primary focus will be improving multi-stakeholder design of complex engineered systems. Course concepts will be demonstrated using case studies and projects drawn from the disciplines of the students enrolled.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students with graduate standing and prior programming experience.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Incorporate conflicting objectives, account for system uncertainties, and exploit careful design diagnostics to guide problem formulation and capture key design dependencies.
- Use and advance software frameworks that combine evolutionary multiobjective optimization, high performance computing, uncertainty modeling techniques, and visual design analytics.
- Facilitate improved decision making in multi-stakeholder systems engineering design processes.
- Effectively communicate design analysis results visually and in writing.
Disabled for this roster.