- Schedule of Classes - November 18, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 18, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Introduction to classical theory of parametric statistical inference that builds on the material covered in BTRY 3080. Topics include sampling distributions, principles of data reduction, likelihood, parameter estimation, hypothesis testing, interval estimation, and basic asymptotic theory.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BTRY 3080 or MATH 4710 , or equivalent and at least one introductory statistics course.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: BTRY 4090, MATH 4720, STSCI 4090.
- Describe the general principles of statistical estimation and testing.
- Design a statistical estimator in a principled way based on a description of a dataset.
- Analyze the theoretical properties of an estimator and a hypothesis test.
- Calculate and correctly interpret confidence intervals, p-values, statistical significance, and power.
- Recognize the general principles underlying common statistical procedures.
Choose one lecture and one discussion. Combined with: BTRY 4090
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
Prerequisites: BTRY 3080 or equivalent and at least one introductory statistics course.
Or send this URL: