- Schedule of Classes - January 16, 2019 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 16, 2019 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Environmental problems, public health issues, scientific research-in each of these areas, communication plays a fundamental role. From the media to individual conversations, from technical journals to textbooks, from lab notes to the web, communication helps define scientifically based social issues and research findings. This course examines the institutional and intellectual contexts, processes, and practical constraints on communication in the sciences.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: second-semester sophomore, junior, or senior standing.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS)
- Students will be able to identify the role and opportunities of communication in science, environment, and health.
- Students will be able to recognize the institutional and practical constraints on communication in science, environment, and health.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast science, environmental, and health communication theories to general communication, science and technology studies, sociology, and psychology.
- Students will be able to demonstrate application of communication theories.
Or send this URL: