- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Democracy is more than a system of government. It's a way of life. It's a kind of politics that involves the development and exercise of power and the performance of civic roles on and off public stages. How can we achieve the promise of democracy in today's world? How can we engage in public work as effective and ethical change agents of change? And how can we build and sustain a public culture that develops and honors the knowledge, talents, capacities, and expertise of a diverse population? We will take these questions up together in this course through case studies, personal experiences, readings, narrative interviews, skill-building workshops, and field trips.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (CA-AS)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Critically reflect on the sense of self and us and regard to the work of democracy and the craft of community organizing.
- Discuss and utilize knowledge about and skills from a range of community organizing traditions, models, concepts, tools strategies and approaches.
- Problematize and critically reflect on themes and ideas discussed in the course.
Disabled for this roster.