- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Students in the Plant Sciences major are required to complete a research experience, extramural internship or extension experience. It is critical for students to be able to explain their work to both scientific audiences and the general public. This course will walk students through the steps needed to produce a quality presentation for each audience, and students will practice giving these presentations. The presentations will be based on research or extension experiences the students have had as part of their Plant Sciences degree program. The course will culminate in an end-of-semester symposium in which students present their experience in a 10-minute talk.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Plant Sciences majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite for Plant Sciences students: PLSCI 4925 and completion of experiential coursework for Plant Sciences major.
- Employ different strategies and approaches in presenting scientific content to professional and lay audiences.
- Describe one's personal research, internship, or extension experience as a coherent story.
- Demonstrate the steps necessary to prepare an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
- Engage an audience as part of an undergraduate symposium.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Warren Hall B75
Concurrent enrollment in PLSCI 4925 is prohibited. Participation in end-of-semester symposium required.
Disabled for this roster.