- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Being an officer of a club is an opportunity to learn about leadership and collaboration, as well as communication and the challenges of balancing diverse responsibilities. Preparation in this arena can serve a student for life, from learning how to engage in the work place to being involved in community organizations, and learning responsibilities ranging from managing conflict to serving as a fiscal steward. Opportunities in PLHRT 4975 will vary, based on specific club commitments; in general, leadership development includes, and is not limited to, learning how to: foster inclusiveness and a healthy, positive social atmosphere among members; promote an interest in the club's mission, vision and values; communicate and collaborate effectively with staff, faculty advisors, and other faculty, staff, administrators and students; and maintain the reputation, continuity and history of a Cornell organization.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Foster a culture of inclusiveness, in which all are welcome.
- Promote an interest in the club's focus, offering out-of-classroom exposure to students from throughout the university.
- Work effectively with staff and communicate effectively with a faculty advisor, as well as other faculty, staff and administrators.
- Maintain the reputation, continuity and history of a long running organization.
- Provide an important, healthy, positive social arena for students from throughout the campus community with similar interests.
- Set goals, prioritize activities, reflect on action.
Disabled for this roster.