- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Companion to PLBIO 3430 with laboratory activities that focus on the practice of plant biotechnology. Students construct transgenes using recombinant DNA methods, transfer genes to plants by a variety of approaches including tissue culture-based methods, assess the integration of transgenes in the host genome and analyze their expression by use of reporter gene assays and by preparing and analyzing nucleic acids. Students will also gain basic skills in bioinformatics.
When Offered Spring (offered alternate years).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 24 students per laboratory.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or recommended corequisite: PLBIO 3430 or permission of instructor.
- Students will understand the fundamental concepts underlying modern plant molecular biology
- Students will gain hands-on experience in implementing methods typically used in plant molecular biological studies
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TPlant Science Building 102
Prerequisite or recommended corequisite: PLBIO 3430 or permission of instructor.
Disabled for this roster.