- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Provides students with information and exposure to current and emerging issues in the health services industry. Topics may include financial management of health care facilities, human resource management, information systems, cost-effective clinical decision making, quality measurement and outcomes, public health, and entrepreneurship in the health services industry.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Sloan students or permission of instructor.
- Students will gain familiarity with different aspects of the health care industry and how they relate to each other, and with management challenges faced by leaders in various areas and their approaches to these challenges. Examples of topics include management challenges in health care consulting, hospital operations, health care finance, information systems and health policy.
- Students will develop an understanding of potential career paths in the health care industry.
- Students will develop networking and communication skills to facilitate their personal and professional growth and begin to learn to manage the professional social environment typical of the health care industry, including skills in resume writing and interviewing.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall G73
Non-Sloan students require approval from course instructor to enroll.
Disabled for this roster.