- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course utilizes tools that students acquire to a variety of challenging policy problems. We consider examples of innovative policy approaches. Those include applying property rights to fisheries, the auctioning of radio spectrum, contracting our public services, tradable air pollution rights innovations in insurance regulation, road pricing, and cigarette regulation.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 2000.
Distribution Category (SBA-HE)
- Students will acquire an enhanced understanding of the motivation and rationale for various types of government intervention in the marketplace.
- Students will better appreciate the standard set of rationales for government intervention, as well as the importance of history and the details of institutional arrangements to thoroughly understand that intervention.
- Students will better understand the actual effect of intervention and why some forms of intervention have been eliminated or modified over time.
Or send this URL: