- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This 7 week seminar course will focus on writing for policy and professional audiences in public affairs. This course is particularly directed at first year students in the MPA program who plan to complete a professional report to meet the MPA degree writing requirement. Students will evaluate the worth of a research project for a client organization, and develop a research proposal, project management workplan, and literature review for their proposed project. Students can choose to develop a proposal for their internship client organization, or another client organization (this can be a hypothetical client, a past consulting client, or a prospective internship client organization).
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: CIPA students.
Distribution Category (KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will demonstrate research project and proposal development in relation to client organizations, including determining project scope, purposes, objectives, and procedures and alignment with the mission and need of a client organization.
- Students will develop a prospectus for a professional report of relevance to a client organization, as well as demonstrate skills necessary to communicate with a broad audience.
- Students will present research findings to non-academic audiences through oral and written presentations.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRSavage Hall 200
- Mar 11 - May 7, 2019
Disabled for this roster.