- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course focuses on the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), and the Clean Water Act (CWA) as a foundation for US environmental policy. We will explore these major environmental policies in the US as a basis of comparison and then apply those mechanism domestically or internationally to address climate change and improve other environmental conditions.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (HA-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will describe effective mitigation, developing alternatives to proposed projects, and cumulative impacts in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Students will analyze if and to what capacity three other countries have developed major cross-cutting national environmental policy.
- Students will describe the roles that different international and domestic institutions are playing in implementing a national environmental policy.
- Students will draft an original research paper as a comparison between NEPA and opportunities for environmental regulation in another country or to gain better understanding and proficiency in using NEPA as a tool.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWarren Hall 137
- Jan 22 - Mar 9, 2019
Disabled for this roster.