- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course combines the analysis and application of important planning and management concepts with a participatory orientation, with the analysis and evaluation of case-study experiences from Asia, Africa and Latin America. Students are challenged to adopt the perspective of administrators, decision-makers and evaluators. While the empirical focus is on developing countries and rural sectors, the concepts and methods of analysis are of broader application.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Students will gain or enrich their knowledge of the problems and solutions for economic, social and political development in Asian, African and Latin American countries, mostly through a range of case studies.
- Students will gain and/or refine knowledge of analytical concepts relevant to the planning and management of agricultural and rural development.
- Students are challenged to develop thinking in ways that are analytical, critical, and creative.
- Students are challenged to develop their writing skills.
- Learn team work through case-study groups and presentations.
Disabled for this roster.