- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course prepares MPA students to enter the job market with the expertise and experience to launch a successful career as well as obtain professional skills necessary to be leaders in the field of public affairs. Topics covered in this course include the role of change management, leading people, results-driven leadership, business acumen, and coalition-building in successful public affairs practice.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: CIPA students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: PADM 5010 and PADM 5011.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how public managers facilitate strategic change, both inside and outside of their organizations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how public managers lead people in meeting their organization's mission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how public managers effectively meet organizational goals and ensure accountability to their clients/beneficiaries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how public managers strategically allocate human, financial, and technological resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how public managers build coalitions inside and outside of their organizations.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- R Warren Hall B25
Kirchner Malone, K
Disabled for this roster.