- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course addresses land use and land governance in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Students explore how changes in land use shape prospects for sustainable livelihoods in connection with agriculture, non-timber forest products, and tourism. This course is offered in conjunction with Cornell Abroad's program: Cornell in India: Nilgiris Field Learning Center (NFLC). The NFLC is an engaged learning and research program where Cornell students and members of local communities live, study, and research together for 16 weeks each spring.
When Offered Spring (not offered every year).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students admitted to the Nilgiris Field Learning Center study abroad program with 3.0 GPA.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CRP 3750.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
- Understand relationships between land use and diet, health, economic security, culture, and ecological integrity at household, community, and regional scales.
- Develop cross-cultural learning capabilities.
- Develop capacity to participate in design and execution of interdisciplinary, problem-based, community engaged research on questions of sustainability.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Kotagiri, India
Taught in Katagiri, India. Participation in the NFLC, Kortagiri India Program required.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: