- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
For students interested in exploring careers in the broad fields of food, nutrition, and health. Experts representing different areas discuss their work, focusing on current issues and trends as well as the requisite knowledge and skills. This course introduces many of the disciplines that are drawn upon in addressing human problems related to food, diet, and health. Students explore career opportunities through a variety of assignments.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: freshman, sophomore, or junior students, or permission of instructor.
- Become familiar with a variety of fields of academic study, research, and career opportunities related to food, nutrition and health and the requisite knowledge, skills, and training required for these careers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of students' own interests, talents, abilities, and expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to search for career information and opportunities related to their fields of interest.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an informational interview with a professional working in a field of interest.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- W M Van Rensselaer Hall G71
Enrollment limited to freshman, sophomore, or junior standing or permission of instructor. Priority given to DNS (NS, HBHS, GPHS) majors. This is NOT an introductory nutrition course for non-majors. If you are not able to enroll, please contact Terry Mingle (tpm2).
Disabled for this roster.