- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Formal training and practice of skills required for leading people in an academic or business environment. Skills include coaching, feedback, managing conflict, fostering teamwork, creating vision, and developing diversity. A significant portion is devoted to understanding one's own strengths and weaknesses and how to recognize and use strengths in others.
When Offered Spring (weeks 1-7).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Ph.D. students or graduate students enrolled in leadership or management programs.
- Understand theoretical perspectives, roles and processes of leadership.
- Identify and assess the competencies, capabilities and values required for effective leadership.
- Examine and practice leadership approaches and tools for leading groups, coaching individuals and teams, resolving conflict, and leading change.
- Analyze and critique the leadership of community groups, lab group, department, college and the university.
- Network with other students and learn about cultural differences.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- FGreen Grnhouse Bldg G 170-KPL
- Jan 22 - Mar 22, 2019
Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Disabled for this roster.