- Schedule of Classes - November 18, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 18, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course provides an introduction to probability and parametric inference. Topics include: random variables, standard distributions, the law of large numbers, the central limit theorem, likelihood-based estimation, sampling distributions and hypothesis testing, as well as an introduction to Bayesian methods. Some assignments may involve computation using the R programming language.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BTRY 3080, Calculus II, Multivariable calculus, or the equivalent.
- Students will be able to manipulate random variables and their distributions using differential and integral calculus.
- Students will be able to derive properties of standard probability.
- Students will be able to derive maximum likelihood estimators for standard probability distributions and discuss their properties.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Or send this URL: