- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course provides an overview to the etiology, manifestation, diagnosis, course, and treatment of the most commonly presented DSM-V psychological disorders.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: graduate standing or HD 3300.
Comments Co-meets with HD 4770.Outcomes
- Students will be able to describe the symptom presentation and manifestation of the major DSM-V psychological disorders.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of the complex ethical issues underlying psychological diagnosis and treatment.
- Students will consider how psychological problems and disorders have been conceptualized and treated across different cultures and historical epochs.
- Students will recognize the different developmental processes – both biological and environmental that contribute to psychopathology.
- Students will further writing and critical thinking skills through individual mentored research projects.
Disabled for this roster.