- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course introduces the history of vector-borne disease control, application methodologies, public outreach and education, insecticide resistance and potential future technology. Some lectures will be taught by experts in vector control/public health via video link.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: previous coursework in biology, global health or entomology, or permission of instructor.
- Students will be able to examine fundamental concepts in vector control, history, and application methodology.
- Students will be able to describe highlights of vector control history and development.
- Students will be able to illustrate knowledge of chemical classes used for vector control and current registered products.
- Students will be able to discuss the insectide and acaricide registration process.
- Students will be able to interpret the most up-to-date issues and challenges for controlling tick and mosquito vectors.
- Students will be able to apply what they have learned from class to understand vector control challenges of the future.
Disabled for this roster.