- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This is a basic course in networking with an emphasis on the Internet. Examples of topics include: the World Wide Web, Email and Peer to Peer networks, data transmission and data encoding, circuit vs. packet switching, local area network technology, routing and switching, congestion control, network security, wireless networks and multimedia. Though the emphasis will be on the Internet, application modules on 4G cellular, WiFi (802.11), and Bluetooth will be presented.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of why the Internet and other prominent networks have their current architecture.
- Ability to understand and analyze basic important algorithms in the Internet, such as congestion control and shortest path routing.
- Be able to understand the challenges that come with wireless networks and the tradeoff of corresponding solutions.
- Understand the limitation of the current Internet best of effort architecture. Be able to perform related analysis and design.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRBill and Melinda Gates Hll G01
Disabled for this roster.