- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Physical principles of optical waveguides. Wave equation solutions to the mode structure in waveguides, numerical analysis, mode coupling, dispersion and bandwidth limitations, optical materials, photonic band gap structures. Project design of planar optical components.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECE 3030.
- Be able to analytically calculate the allowed modes in different waveguides.
- Be able to numerically simulate wave propagation in waveguides.
- Be able to design, simulate and measure an integrated device and communicate the results effectively.
- Understand and be able to predict the effects of attenuations in fibers and waveguides and its implications on the wave propagation.
- Learn to predict radiation losses in different structures such as bends and couplers.
Disabled for this roster.