- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course provides students with a unique "hands-on" experience of working with real clients to simulate workplace strategic consulting practice. Students will learn and apply concepts, techniques (both strategic and tactical), and tools to plan, design, evaluate and reinvent workplaces to support the achievement of ambitious business goals, inspire today's connected and mobile knowledge workers, facilitate the management of uncertainty and change in large complex organizations, and envision future work modes and its implications for the creation of future workplace. Professional communication in multiple forms and settings for effective client interaction and project development is emphasized.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Minimum cost of materials: $200.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 3590 or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Apply concepts, techniques, and tools of workplace strategies planning and management to address typical challenges facing large complex organizations.
- Develop innovative and well-grounded workplace planning, design, reengineering and management solutions for value generation, change management, and branding.
- Understand major drivers and trends of workplace development, and develop the knowledge, experience, as well as confidence as a strategic consultant to envision future work mode and work settings.
- Work in small teams and compete with other teams in the class as in a consulting project in real world; polish skills for client communication and professional delivery of consulting work in oral, visual and written forms. Depending on specific project for the semester, students may experience cross-culture collaboration.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
Prerequisite: DEA 3590 or permission of instructor. Minimum cost of materials: $100.
Disabled for this roster.