- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Covers the materials science, structural engineering, and construction technology involved in the materials aspects of the use of concrete. Topics include cement chemistry and physics, mix design, admixtures, engineering properties, testing of fresh and hardened concrete, and the effects of construction techniques on material behavior.
When Offered Spring.
Comments Co-meets with CEE 6750.Outcomes
- Understand the influence of various concrete ingredients, and how mixture proportions and concrete behavior are interrelated.
- Understand cement composition, manufacture, and sustainability issues.
- Understand physical hydration and microstructure and how microstructure and its development over time leads to macro manifestations of slump loss, setting, and strength gain.
- Understand how degree of hydration influences construction practices.
- Understand the challenges of testing and evaluating fresh and harden concrete.
Disabled for this roster.