- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This seminar series will provide a forum for interactions between cancer research trainees and cancer patients. Through this course, students will meet and interact with cancer patients and develop skills in communicating science to the public.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Create and deliver research presentations that effectively convey scientific topics to a public audience.
- Examine the patient perspective on cancer and inventory the relevant issues, ranking them based on their importance for cancer patients.
- Apply both traditional and cutting-edge approaches to disseminate consumer-friendly information to the public.
- Evaluate the benefits of partnering with consumers, and assess the associated challenges and limitations.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- WCVM Center S1222
There are no formal course requirements for this seminar/discussion series. Students are encouraged to complete three associated workshops (COMM 5660, COMM 5665, and BIOMS 5660) that are part of a larger certificate of engagement program in Science Communication for Cancer Scientists.
Disabled for this roster.