- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course provides tutors with an opportunity to reflect on and refine their own tutoring practice, in the context of literature and theory about peer teaching and learning in an inclusive environment. Participants complete readings, participate in group discussions with hands-on practice and role-playing, conduct peer observations and debrief about those observations, and practice reflective journaling. Most sessions include discussion or sharing of e-Portfolios. Topics discussed in class include developing an active, student-centered tutoring practice, fostering a growth mindset and enhancing resilience in tutors and tutees, managing the unexpected, problem-solving, leading groups, and communicating productively across difference.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note This course is intended for students who are concurrently engaged as peer tutors at Cornell. Open to LSC tutors. Other tutors may enroll with permission of instructor.
- Develop a student-centered tutoring practice.
- Practice and master tutoring skills in a safe environment.
- Provide productive feedback to peers.
- Create and maintain a comfortable working environment for diverse learners.
- Identify and refer tutees who need additional help.
- Respond to emergencies, interruptions, and unanticipated problems during tutoring sessions.
- Reflect on and evaluate their experiences as tutors.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F Kennedy Hall 105
This course is intended for students who are concurrently engaged as peer tutors at Cornell. Open to LSC tutors. Other tutors may enroll with permission of instructor.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.