- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course introduces the fundamental strategy concepts and tools that enable firms to manage technological innovations for competitive advantage. It does so by first considering the sources of technological change and how to leverage technologies to create firm value. It then examines the various mechanisms for extracting value from technologies, both legal (e.g., patents, trade secrecy, etc.) and strategic (e.g., lead time, complementary assets, etc.). We will explore the fundamentals of technology strategy through readings and case studies in both established and entrepreneurial firms across a range of technology-based industries. This course is designed for students who intend to pursue careers in entrepreneurship, consulting, new product development and finance where new technologies and intellectual property are important sources of competitive advantage.
When Offered Spring (weeks 1-7).Outcomes
- Examine fundamental concepts and frameworks of technology strategy
- Apply theories and frameworks learned in class toward the analysis and formulation of strategies for creating and capturing value through technological innovations
- Think strategically and make decisions under extreme uncertainty and risk
- Manage diverse teams and work under time and resource constraints
- Perform analytic research and prepare professional reports
Disabled for this roster.