- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course explores the fundamental strategy concepts and tools needed to manage a technology-based entrepreneurial business. Through this course, students will develop an ability to think strategically about the choices facing technology ventures, including how to choose between different markets, technologies, and business models, how to identify and develop the resources and capabilities required to commercialize new technologies, whether to compete or cooperate with incumbent firms, and how to protect ideas in competitive markets. This is not a course in how to start a business or how write a business plan. Instead, the emphasis is on the acquisition and application of the analytical tools critical for the development of an entrepreneurial strategy. This course is relevant to students interested in founding or working in technology ventures, as well as careers in consulting and venture capital.
When Offered Spring (weeks 8-14).Outcomes
- Examine fundamental concepts and frameworks of strategy and technology entrepreneurship
- Apply concepts and frameworks learned in class toward the analysis and formulation of strategies for exploiting technological opportunities through new ventures
- Think strategically and make decisions under extreme uncertainty and risk
- Manage diverse teams and work under time and resource constraints
- Perform analytic research and prepare professional reports
Or send this URL: