- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Business processes are supported by a complex software infrastructure that interlinks, automates and increases their efficiency. The emphasis of this course is on this software, its relationships to business processes, and how firms can use the data generated by these systems to make decisions more effectively. The course will use a simulation game employing hands-on work with an enterprise software system to understand these relationships and case studies to understand the challenges and best practices for implementing these systems. Students will also investigate the complementary organizational and process adjustment necessary for using enterprise data most successfully. This course will prepare students for careers in management, supply chain, and IT consulting, as well as careers in sales and marketing focused on IT products.
When Offered Spring (weeks 8-14).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECON 1110, AEM 2200, AEM 2225.
- Use enterprise systems and business process change to improve operations within an organization.
- Use enterprise data to make better management decisions.
- Identify conditions when information technology and associated complementary investments can be used to obtain strategic advantage.
- Apply frameworks to overcome common challenges that occur during a process change effort.
- Develop effective skills in communicating managerial decisions and organizational results.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Mann Library B30A
- Jan 22 - Mar 9, 2019
Disabled for this roster.