- Schedule of Classes - June 2, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 2, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course presents the tax skills necessary to make business, and personal, decisions as it relates to real estate ventures. Emphasis is placed on such areas as acquiring ownership of real property, the various entity structures that a real estate venture can create, and the operational rules surrounding a real estate venture, including the sale and/or exchange of real estate. In addition, securitized real estate investments, such as limited/master limited partnerships and real estate investment trusts (REITS), will be introduced in the later part of course. Practical application of the tax law will be emphasized with proper consideration placed on the historical, economic and political perspectives of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). The content and design of this course is, only, suitable for advanced undergraduate students and graduate students.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2210 or AEM 2225 or equivalent.
- Students will be able to develop effective communication skills in various areas of taxation and accounting.
- Students will be able to attain analytical and functional competency in basic finance and economic skills.
- Students will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of ethics and ability to apply to real world settings.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to solve practical tax problems that may impact an entity's business decisions.
- Students will be able to develop skills to be critical consumers of tax information and research.
Or send this URL: