- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
In this course, students learn through a cycle of experience and reflection. During the semester, students learn how to implement experience-based learning techniques and perspectives to enhance their competencies as professionals in public, private, and nonprofit sector careers of their choosing.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: MPA students admitted into the CIPA New York Externship Semester Program.
- Students will Implement experience based learning techniques and perspectives to enhance competencies as initiates of professional practice in the public and private sectors
- Students will perceive the changing framework of place, time and communication in the workplace, depending on one's position within the global economy and changing global dynamics;
- Students will self-realize their role as producers of content and knowledge through observation and reflection of professional culture, values and relationships;
- Students will analyze the consequences and contradictions inherent in public policy and private sector decisions and courses of action
- Students will analyze the nature of personal and professional ethics in their work context and practice.
- Students will draft an original organizational study based on the externship they are completing in New York City.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- WHuman Ecology in NYC
Taught in NYC.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.