- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This seven-week course is designed to train students in becoming effective policy writers. Public policy engagement requires clarity and persuasiveness in addressing different stakeholders involved in policymaking and implementation. The course takes a hands-on approach in presenting sharp analysis, evidence-based arguments and actionable recommendations. The course entails weekly assignments, in-class exercises, and workshops to hone writing skills that students may already possess. Students will learn about effective communication of complex policy questions, and turning them into persuasive public arguments.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will demonstrate advanced competence required by communicators in public affairs, and demonstrate how written analysis affects policymaking.
- Students will demonstrate different writing styles needed for policy related communications.
- Students will write effective op-eds aimed to influence the policy-making process and reaching out to an engaged public.
- Students will use tools and approaches for delivering presentations to senior policy makers.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWM Van Rensselaer Hall 157
- Mar 19 - May 9, 2018
Disabled for this roster.