- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This discussion-based course introduces opportunities for international study available to juniors and seniors. Grounded in experiential learning through community engagement, public service, and leadership training, guest faculty and students discuss stimulating real-world learning experiences arising from a variety of courses and semesters abroad that include fieldwork in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Opportunities for academic coursework beyond Cornell and for research and practical internships are also discussed. The course provides an opportunity for students to develop a personalized plan of study that matches their personal and professional aspirations. Such preparation might include combinations of area and language studies; training in community engagement, public service, and/or leadership; international travel workshops, specialized coursework, and/or research methodological development.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: freshmen and sophomores majoring or minoring in AGSCI, ESS, or IARD (IDS); others by permission.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY, CU-UGR)
- Better understand how their personal strengths and talents can inform and enhance their professional lives.
- Articulate the characteristics of various approaches to community-engaged service/experiential learning and identify those that support their academic and career goals.
- Use critical reflection to assess the personal outcomes of experiential learning.
- Appreciate the scope of community-engaged international experiences available at Cornell and elsewhere.
- Identify specific community-engaged international experiences that would further personal and professional goals while also meeting curricular requirements for their majors.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: IARD 2050
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TFernow Hall G01
Class is open to freshmen and sophomores majoring or minoring in IARD and NTRES. All others by permission of instructor.
Disabled for this roster.