- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course is an introduction to fashion, beauty and trends and their integral relationship throughout history. Students will learn and explore various aspects of contemporary fashion phenomena, such as fashion-art collaborations, media-effects on body image, the impact of new technologies on fashion and lifestyle trends, and other significant issues of society manifest in fashion of the 20th and 21st centuries.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (CA-HE, HA-HE)
- Identify various fashion phenomena that can be observed in modern society and analyze their close relation to the perceived concept of beauty and predominant trends in terms of the socio-cultural contexts.
- Build their own intellectual resources for developing critical and creative insights based upon their understanding of past and contemporary fashion trends.
- Interpret the social changes or significant cultural phenomenon through the study of fashion trends and the perceived concept of beauty within time and place.
- Enhance literacy and critical thinking and develop innovative approaches for research subjects by reading a wide range of written references as well as through discussions related to the topics covered during the lecture.
- Develop and demonstrate teamwork and presentation skills by engaging in group projects.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: FSAD 2190
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 280
Department Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.