- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
State-space and multi-input-multi-output linear systems in discrete and continuous time. The state transition matrix, the matrix exponential, and the Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Controllability, observability, stability, realization theory. At the level of Linear Systems by Kailath.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 3260, ECE 3250, or permission of instructor. Recommended: good background in linear algebra and linear differential equations.
- Students will have an ability to develop state space models of dynamic linear systems in continuous time and discrete time based on physics models, input/output models, or rudimentary input/output experimental data.
- An ability to determine whether a system is controllable or observable.
- An ability to design stable state observers using pole placement.
- An ability to design stable full-state feedback controllers and observer-based controllers using pole placement.
- An ability to analyze system stability using pole locations and using the Lyapunov equation.
Disabled for this roster.