- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This is the second course in the demographic techniques sequence. It has two foci. First, we will learn the basics of constructing single and multiple decrement life tables, along with extensions to cause-deleted life tables. Second, we will learn the basics of survival analysis, as well as how survival analysis relates to life tables. Although the primary goal is learning to use these techniques, this class also has a heavy emphasis on thinking about how to use these methods to produce something new and important for research.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 2030.
- Demonstrate how to build a life table using various methods and understand the connections between life tables and survival analysis.
- Think creatively about how to use these methods and existing data to make a novel research contribution.
- Write clearly about what the results from life tables can tell us about demographic processes.
Disabled for this roster.