- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
A "high performance building" is one that integrates and optimizes all major building performance attributes, including occupant safety and comfort, energy efficiency, environmental impact, aesthetics, life-cycle performance, and cost-effectiveness. This course introduces all major building systems, and a wide array of design strategies and system approaches for creating, high performance buildings that both satisfy user needs and support sustainability and resilience.
When Offered Spring.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Develop a comprehensive and integral understanding of building systems, their key elements and mechanisms of function, and corresponding design, and operation strategies.
- Understand the implications of a variety of design and system decisions for the performance of buildings; and analyze the pros and cons of different design strategies and building systems solutions.
- Conduct building performance evaluation and diagnosis, and make planning, design, operation, and renovation recommendations.
Disabled for this roster.